Frequently Asked Questions

What are the primary things I need to know before I travel?

Using these travel tips will help you enjoy your travel experience.
•  arrive two hours prior to departure time
•  do not over pack checked baggage – confirm weight limit with your airline
•  check in online or through your airline’s website or app if possible
•  verify the number of checked and carry-on bags you are allowed
•  verify the weight and size restrictions for your baggage

What are the airport hours?

The terminal building is open 24 hours a day.


Ticket Counters: Each airline has different operating hours. Please contact your airline directly for ticket counter hours.


Administrative offices are open Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and closed on holidays.

How early do I need to get to the airport before my flight leaves?

Plan to arrive at the airport two hours before your departure time. During peak travel times, such as the holidays, you may want to increase this time. Please remember that while we are a very convenient airport, you will need to allow time to park, and security lines can sometimes become long. You will most likely breeze right through and have time for a bite to eat or to just relax before your flight. Arriving later than two hours prior to your departure time could result in missing your flight.

Ticket counters open two hours prior to departures and may close as early as 45 minutes prior to departure. Bags and passengers must be checked in / boarding passes printed prior to ticket counter closing. If you leave the secured area prior to boarding your flight, you must be rescreened in order to renter. Additionally, if you leave the secured area after the checkpoint closes, you will not be allowed to re-enter. If you do not arrive prior to the closure of the checkpoint, you will not be permitted to board your flight. It is each passenger’s responsibility to check-in, go through airport security, and make it to your gate in time for boarding. Please contact your airline directly for the most accurate information regarding check-in details.

Where can I make or change flight reservations?

To make or change a reservation, please contact your airline or travel agent for further assistance.  The airport administration office has no control over or access to an airline’s schedule, ticket prices, ticket counter hours or other airline operations. For airline contact information, please visit the airlines page.

What do I do if my flight is delayed or cancelled?

Decisions to delay or cancel flights are not made or controlled by the airport.  Please contact your airline directly for more information.

What can I bring?

Planning ahead and packing properly can facilitate the screening process and ease your travel experience at the airport. Know what you can pack in your carry-on and checked baggage before arriving at the airport by reviewing the lists at

Please note, even if an item is generally permitted, it may be subject to additional screening or not allowed through the checkpoint if it triggers an alarm during the screening process, appears to have been tampered with, or poses other security concerns.

Can I bring bear spray in my luggage?

Bear spray is NOT permitted on any aircraft. For your convenience, collection bins are available in the airport terminal. Bear spray is available for rent from Glacier Outfitters located in the baggage claim area of Glacier Park International Airport.

What kind of identification will I need to bring for my flight?

Adult passengers 18 and over must show valid identification at the airport checkpoint in order to travel.
• Driver’s licenses or other state photo identity cards issued by Department of Motor Vehicles (or equivalent)
• U.S. passport
• U.S. passport card
• DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
• U.S. Department of Defense ID, including IDs issued to dependents
• Permanent resident card
• Border crossing card
• State-issued Enhanced Driver’s License
• Federally recognized, tribal-issued photo ID
• HSPD-12 PIV card
• Foreign government-issued passport
• Canadian provincial driver’s license or Indian and Northern Affairs Cananda card
• Transportation worker identification credential
• U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Employment Authorization Card (I-766)
• U.S. Merchant Mariner Credential

TSA does not require children under 18 to provide identification when traveling within the United States. Please contact your airline for questions regarding specific ID requirements for travelers under 18.

Do I need a REAL ID?

Passengers can fly with their MT driver license until May 2025, after which time a passport or REAL ID will be required for travel, whether domestic or international. Passengers under the age of 18 do not need identification to travel. Your airline may require a birth certificate for infants under the age of two

What do I do if I lost my identification?

In the event you lose your identification, you may still be able to fly. By providing additional information, the TSA may be able to confirm your identify so you can reach your flight. You will want to allow additional time prior to your flight to complete this process. If your identity cannot be verified, you will not be allowed to enter the screening checkpoint.

For a complete list of acceptable documents, visit The TSA does not require children under 18 to provide identification when traveling with a companion within the United States.

Are minors allowed to fly unaccompanied?

Policies vary by airline. Please contact your airline if you have questions about unaccompanied minors and air travel. Airline contact information can be found at the airline page.

Where can I get a gate pass?

Most airlines will provide a gate pass for a friend or family member to accompany minors or travelers with medical, parental, or other specific, verifiable needs.

Gate passes are issued at the discretion of the airline. For the airline to issue a gate pass, you will need valid government issued photo identification. Please contact your airline for more information. Airline contact information can be found on the airline page.

Does my child need ID to get through security?

Passengers under the age of 18 do not need identification to fly domestically. Minors travelling internationally are required to have a passport. Please contact your airline directly for requirements when flying with a child under the age of two.

How do I enroll for TSA Precheck?

For TSA Precheck enrollment, please visit

Can I travel with my pet?

You must work directly with your airline to make flight arrangements for any animals traveling with you.


We have two outdoor service animal relief areas. One is located in front of the main passenger terminal in the grassy area just outside of the ticket lobby. The second is located right outside of baggage claim. An indoor relief area is located past security on the first floor, near Gate 4. To maintain airport facility cleanliness, owners must clean up after their animals. Bags and disposal containers are provided.

Will my flight be cancelled if the weather is bad?

Decisions to delay or cancel flights due to inclement weather are made by the airlines. Please contact your airline directly for flight cancellation and delay information.

How do I arrange wheelchair assistance?

Wheelchair services are provided free of charge by the airlines for their passengers. Please contact your airline in advance to request this service.

Where do I meet arriving passengers?

Passengers arriving at GPIA can be met in the baggage claim area.

Where can I get something to eat while I am at GPIA?

If you are short on time, On the Fly is a Montana Coffee Traders coffee shop offering a delicious array of on-the-go options. Enjoy hot and cold sandwiches, fresh salads, hearty burritos, indulgent ice cream, Italian sodas, frappes and smoothies.


Goat Haunt Saloon is your premier full-service airport restaurant and bar, offering a unique and locally inspired menu. Sit back and relax in the comfortable atmosphere as you enjoy dishes that celebrate the region’s flavors.


For passengers in a hurry, vending machines stocked with snacks and cold beverages can be found inside the ticketing lobby, the baggage claim area and upstairs near Gate 6.

Does GPIA offer Wi-Fi?

Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the terminal.

How much is parking at GPIA?

Effective December 18, 2023 – Main parking lot fees are $18 per day or $108 per week (first 20 minutes free; $2/20 minutes thereafter). Overflow/cell phone lot fees are $15 per day or $90 per week (first 2 hours free; $2/20 minutes thereafter). No prior reservation is required. RV parking is available in the overflow lot. Please see a parking attendant upon arrival. Contact Republic Parking at 406-257-6868 for any additional information.

Can I exchange my foreign currency at GPIA?

There are no foreign currency exchange services at GPIA.

Where do I go for information about my bags?

The Baggage Service Office is not regularly staffed and baggage policies vary by airline. Please contact your airline for information about lost and damaged bags, luggage weight and size requirements, baggage fees, and bag check-in times. Passenger/baggage records cannot be accessed in the administration office.

Is there a lost and found at GPIA?

If you lost something at the airport, we are here to help! Glacier Park International Airport partnered with Boomerang to connect you with your lost items. To submit a lost and found report, please click here.


Items found in the terminal can either be shipped to you by using the lost and found link or be picked up in person at the Administration Office located on the 3rd floor at the airport. The office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday. Holidays may affect these hours. Found items are held for 60 days. After 60 days, the items will be considered abandoned and are discarded or donated as appropriate. Thank you for your understanding.


Please contact your airline or rental car company directly for items left behind on the aircraft or in a rental car. Keys found in the parking lot may be held by Republic Parking. They can be reached at 406-257-6868.

Can I store my bags at the airport?

There is no baggage storage available at GPIA. Unattended bags will be picked up by airport police.

Where can I get information about private aviation?

Glacier Jet Center is a full service FBO located on airport property. Their phone number is 406-755-5362 or visit the aviation page.

How do I rent a hangar at GPIA?

The airport authority owns one hangar consisting of 4 t-hangars. The lease rate is $150/month. Each t-hangar is 30’ deep / 20’ wide at tail area/hangar doors are 40’ wide. For information regarding available ground leases for new hangar construction, please contact the airport administration office at 406-257-5994 and select option 9.

How do I get an airport security badge?

For airport badging information, please visit the badging page.

Where can I get information about customs and border protection?

For information about U.S. Customs and border protection, please call 406-257-7034.

Who controls air traffic?

The Airport does not have any regulatory control of or influence on aircraft in the air or on the ground. This responsibility rests solely with the FAA.

Where can I get information about the airport expansion?

Terminal expansion coming soon.

How do I advertise at GPIA?

For information regarding advertising at GPIA, please contact the airport administrative office at 406-257-5994 and select option 9.

Where can I find airport survey and study statistics?

Survey and study statistics can be found at

Where can I find out about employment at GPIA?

Airport authority employment opportunities are posted at the employment page, with Kalispell Job Service (406)758-6200, and Westaff (406)443-7169 or Employment opportunities are also frequently posted on Craigslist and the GPIA Facebook page. Please note, that each airport entity (airlines, restaurants, etc.) hires independently.