Department: Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting/Operations
Work Location: Glacier Park International Airport/FMAA
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Starting Pay: $20.00/hour
Under direct supervision of the Fire Chief and other officers, this position fulfills the requirements as set forth in 49 U.S.C. Part 139 by performing airport operations duties, wildlife management, aircraft rescue and firefighting response, emergency medical treatment, and peripheral security.
Incumbent must be able to pass a federal background check and security threat assessment, have and maintain a valid driver license, pass a pre-employment physical and drug screening; be able to work nights, weekends, holidays, travel for training, and work overtime as required. Incumbent must also be willing to work overnight shifts, fill-in shifts, and be available on-call. Candidates must be highly motivated to learn and perform Airport Operations duties.
– High school diploma or equivalent
– Ability to complete initial or recurrent Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting course, as applicable
– 1.5 years ARFF or Airport Operations experience, or 3 years structural experience
– Ability to obtain Airport Certified Employee (A.C.E.) Operations with 12 months of hire
– Current ARFF certification
– Prior airport operations experience
– Certifications from AAAE, ACI-NA, or other airport industry certifications
– State Licensed EMT or NREMT which is current
– FEMA Incident Command System (ICS) 100, 200
– National Incident Management System (NIMS) 700,800
Applications may be obtained in the Airport Administration Office at 4170 Hwy. 2 E., Kalispell, MT 59901 or submitted online via the careers link on our website iflyglacier.com.