The Flathead Municipal Airport Authority (FMAA) intends to file an application with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to impose and use Passenger Facility Charges (PFC) under §14 CFR Part 158.30. The FMAA seeks authority for to collect approximately $49.85 million in PFC revenue, with a proposed PFC level of collection of $4.50 per eligible enplaned passenger. This application will not change the current $4.50 PFC collection amount. The PFC funds will be used for the following projects at the Glacier Park International Airport (GPIA), each of which will have a $4.50 PFC collection amount:
- Airport terminal modernization and expansion necessary to accommodate the increase of passengers that has resulted from continued growth of commercial service at GPIA. $49.25 million of PFC funds are estimated for this project.
- Relocate the terminal leachfield, which is undersized for current operations. This will facilitate expansion to accommodate future growth. $6,152 of PFC funds are estimated for this project to reimburse FMAA for expenditures utilized as matching funds for a portion of FAA Airport Improvement Program (AIP) grant 55.
- Purchase of an aircraft rescue and firefighting (ARFF) vehicle to increase the safety of the airport by providing the appropriate equipment to service any fires on the airport. $73,722 of PFC funds are estimated for this project to reimburse FMAA for the local match for a portion of AIP grant 55.
- Terminal apron expansion of 15,000 square yards to alleviate current overcrowding that limits the flights the airport can accommodate. $381,093 of PFC funds are estimated for this project as the local match for a portion of AIP grant 55.
- Terminal expansion and modernization design to enhances the long-term sustainability of the airport by providing additional boarding gates, passenger hold room space, and other spaces to meet long-term capacity requirements. $128,159 of PFC funds are estimated for this project as the local match for AIP grant 56.
- PFC application preparation. $14,047 of PFC funds are estimated for this project, which is an allowable cost as part of a PFC application.
The estimated charge effective date for this PFC application is January 1, 2021, and the estimated charge expiration date is August 30, 2048. The FMAA currently has the approval to impose and use approximately $17.5 million of PFC funds, which is estimated to be completed at the same time as the estimated charge effective date of the proposed PFC application.
Additional information on the specific projects for which PFC approval is sought may be obtained by contacting GPIA Airport Director Rob Ratkowski at (406) 257‐5994 x 2004 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org . All comments must be received by June 12, 2020.