Position: Airport Security Coordinator
Work Location: Glacier Park International Airport/FMAA
Pay Rate: $20/hr (full time/ permanent)
Application Deadline: Position open until filled
Under direct supervision of the Deputy Airport Director, this position is responsible for ensuring compliance with all TSA regulations and maintaining the airport credentialing system and issuing airport identification media including processing applications, performing background checks, training applicants and printing identifications badges. Additional responsibilities include maintaining the Airport Security Plan, serving as the primary Airport Security Coordinator, coordinating daily operations with TSA and screening contractors, serving as the primary contact for the regional Transportation Security Inspector, and primary liaison and contract manager for the airport security and law enforcement contractor. Additionally, the incumbent is responsible for inspecting vehicles and challenging persons entering the SIDA area. Incumbent will provide escorts for personnel and vehicles on the AOA and movement area; enforce AOA, SIDA, and security rules; and conduct security patrols on the AOA. Incumbent will perform all other duties as assigned.
Incumbent must be able to pass a federal background check and security threat assessment, have and maintain a valid driver license, and pass a pre-employment drug screening.
- Possess a High School Diploma
- Have two years of progressively responsible experience in airport operations, security, Law Enforcement, or related field, or any equivalent combination of experience and training
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in aviation management, criminal justice or related field
- Prior experience serving as an airport security coordinator
- Airport Security Coordinator training
- AAAE ACE Security
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to Ian McKay, Deputy Airport Director: firstname.lastname@example.org or 4170 Highway 2 East, Kalispell, MT 59901